When working in an office, it’s easy to stay seated all day and chomp on snacks instead of getting up and moving. Doing this day in day out can lead to weight gain. With these simple rips, you can easily include more fitness into your everyday life.
- Cycle or walk part – if not all – of your journey to work. Read more about Cycling for beginners.
- Get off a bus or tube stop before your destination.
- If you need to drive, try to park further away from your office and walk the rest of the way.
- Discuss project ideas with a colleague while taking a walk.
- Stand while talking on the telephone.
- Walk over to someone’s desk at work rather than calling them on the phone or sending an email.
- Take the stairs instead of the lift, or get out of the lift a few floors early and use the stairs.
- Walk up escalators rather than standing still.
- Go for a walk or run during your lunch break – use a pedometer to keep track of how many steps you take.
- Try to find different walks and alternate between them during the week.
- Exercise before or after work, or during your lunch break. Your office may have a gym, or you may have access to a nearby swimming pool or squash courts.
- Don’t stay still – try to do simple stretches every hour.
Spread the love