The secret to maintaining your weight loss is making changes to your lifestyle. While that may seem daunting at first, Skinny Revolution has some small, easy changes that you can make to improve your life and to help stay at your ideal weight.
Not every meal of every day can be full of fruit and veg, but with these handy tips, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle without the guilt.
We recommend to:
- Eat at regular intervals. If you eat at regular times, you may find it easier to sustain your energy levels. This means no late-night eating!!
- Try to eat 3 meals a day. Have a healthy snack, such as fruit or low-fat yoghurt, between meals if necessary.
- Don’t skip breakfast A healthy, balanced breakfast will help keep you going until lunchtime.
- Swap that sugary snack for some fruit!
- Watch your alcohol intake. Alcohol can not only dehydrate you but also disturb your sleep, leading to tiredness the next day.
- Eat more iron-rich foods. Being low in iron can lead to iron-deficiency anaemia, which can make you feel tired and run down. Young women are especially at risk because they lose iron in their menstrual blood during their periods.
- Stay hydrated. Water, lower-fat milk and sugar-free drinks are healthier choices.
- Take supplements. Most people don’t need to take vitamin supplements to improve their energy levels. They can get all the vitamins and minerals they need by eating a healthy, balanced diet. However, there are some groups of people who are at risk of deficiency and may be advised to take a supplement.
- Become more active. Even if it’s just taking the dog for longer or walking to work rather than driving, becoming even just a little bit more active can have some great benefits. Exercise has been shown to improve your mood, as well as decrease feelings of depression, anxiety and stress.
- Get a good nights sleep! Sleep deprivation disrupts appetite regulation, often leading to increased appetite, which results in increased calorie intake and weight gain.