Make these small changes to meal times to feel fuller for longer while eating less and shifting those pounds.
While eating healthily is a good start, it is still possible to put weight on while eating fruit and veg if you’re eating too much.
We still want you to enjoy your food on your weight loss journey and with these hacks, you can:
- Eat with smaller plates and bowls. You’ll have a smaller portion and still feel satisfied.
- Aim for two portions of veg on your plate. This helps to cover your plate with low-calorie filling food, leaving less room for higher-calorie ingredients.
- Eat slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you’re full. When you eat fast, it’s easy to overeat.
- Turn off the TV. Eating in front of the TV can mean you eat more without noticing or enjoying your food.
- Weigh your food. Use kitchen scales to weigh your ingredients before you cook. This will help you stick to the suggested serving sizes.